We are excited to announce our Spring 2021 Open Call!
This spring feels especially full of renewal as we begin to rise from this pandemic, as we raise up our voices for justice, as we bloom and rise into the light.
All artists are invited to submit their work for consideration to a Virtual Exhibition curated by Play + Inspire Gallery directors, Rebecca Potts and Maria Coit.
All submissions will be considered for our social media, podcast interviews, blog, and future opportunities.
All visual arts media and international artists are invited to apply. You do not have to be an art educator to apply!
Accepted artists will be invited to share a brief video of their process and concepts, which will be included on their artist page. Videos are NOT required, but are an added bonus – a way for you to share more about your work with our audience.
6 Artists will also be invited to do an instagram live studio visit!
We will be creating several lesson plans based on the themes in the show and on individual works in the show.
Artists who are not juried into the show will receive feedback on their submission.
Deadline to Submit: March 28, 2021
Artists will be notified by April 2nd, 2021. Show runs April 16 – June 11, 2021.
- Each entry includes up to 5 images (this may include detail shots).
- Please be sure to include high-quality images of your work, minimum 1000 pixels wide.
- These will be the images exhibited.
- Files no larger than 5mb.
- All images must be cropped to show only the artwork.
- Please title your image files as follows: FirstName_LastName_TitleOfWork.jpg
- Bio: 300 words max. An artist bio is a paragraph or two about you as an artist, highlighting your accomplishments and background.
- Artist Statement: 300 words max. An artist statement is a paragraph or two about your work and the concepts and processes involved in your work.
- Be prepared to enter information about each artwork: dimensions, materials, year, and price (if for sale)
All sales made through the show will be split 70% artist, 10% Amplifier (an amazing non-profit), 20% gallery.
The online exhibit aims to be an internationally accessible 24/7, curated, professional, virtual presentation of exciting contemporary work from around the world. The show is presented here at playinspiregallery.com and is promoted via social media, email list, and additional network contacts. Each artist is highlighted individually on social media @teachingartistpodcast and @curatedforkids.
Please note that there is a $20 submission fee, which supports Play + Inspire gallery as an independent curatorial platform. Play + Inspire Gallery is a curatorial collaboration between Rebecca Potts of Teaching Artist Podcast and Maria Coit of Curated for Kids. We are both artists and teachers (and parents), running these projects alongside our other work. As such, we truly understand the barrier submission fees can create, while also valuing the time and effort that goes into creative work and all the behind-the-scenes administrative work of supporting artists.
In order to break down this barrier while also valuing our own time, this is a sliding fee scale opportunity with a suggested fee of $20 to support the work that we do, but with the opportunity to apply for as low as $8 if you are unable to pay the suggested fee.
If you have any technical issues with the form below, please email Rebecca at email@example.com.